Saturday 15 November 2008

RAW CHRISTMAS

I was talking to a new friend called Hayley Whittle the other day, who is the beautiful GF of John B but also a genius in her own right. She was telling me that she was baking a Christmas Cake.. I thought 'nice'! But then my mind started wandering as I gazed out the window of the Branch line to london 'how about a 'raw christmas cake'... Just for the 'challenge'.

I googled and found this..

If any other readers know if a good Raw Christmas cake let me know and I'll post a link

love

KFH

RAW CHRISTMAS RECIPIE

3 comments:

kate magic said...

theres one in eat smart eat raw sweety xx

& mincemeat tart & trifle & cmas puds!!

xxxxx

Scavenger said...

HMMm.... Reading this,Im thinking of Marzipan, which is basically a mixture of finely ground almonds and sugar held together by a very small amountof a mixture of raw egg,rum, and lemon juice.
I used to make this all the time using ginding thr almonds with a sharp blade in a food processor, and coming from a German family... everyone in my family loved to get some, either in the form of molded Marzipan fruits or just eating it straight. Marzipan is always a great christmas tradition among German people... and I wonder if it can be made using almonds and just plain honey as a sweetener and to 'stick' it all together.
Going to experiment with this and let you know.

Anonymous said...

Oooo... First thing that comes to my mind is Shazzie's Prince Pondicherry's Cherry Cake recipe from Naked Chocolate. But then, I make these special brownies that I could easily double and form into a cake...make it fancier with a yum raspberry or cranberry frosting. Not exactly Christmas-y but as close as I can guess right now. You've got me thinking! :) ...I'll have to report back on what I do end up making.