Thursday 17 April 2008

RAVE FOOD

Why 'rave food'. Well I have recently been inspired by a 'new resurgance' of Rave music, and the old skool attitudes that was once 'for the love' of life, and evolution in spirit. I am from the Rave Generation when it all begin in 1988. I am almost 40 years old, and I am proud to be who I am, I think 'lying' about your age and worrying about aging is bollocks, and I actually want people to know that I am not in denial, but proud to be a mature woman, with a young spirit, and zest for life. A high Raw food diet over the years, has really helped me to do all the things I do, I am a very dynamic person by nature, and people often say HOW DO U DO IT ALL!, Well I thought it would be 'stingy' not to share some of my secrets.. I am not a 'tee total', I do love the occasional piss up, but I also know how important it is to 'balance', so am veering more towards the raw chocolate highs now. I recently met Shazzie, who has just produced a fantastic book all about Raw Chocolate with David Wolfe, and next week I am really hoping to hang out with Kate Magic who has just published a new book recipie on raw foods which is absolutely AMAZING. All the links are to the left of this blog so browse in your own time.. I am now be able to share some of my experiences in life especially of those relating to knowledge of how 'energy' and especially 'food' diet, can help us to live a full and exciting life. This blog is going to be all about 'that side' of things. I will be inviting others into contributing their knowledge, video blogging, and being as sickeningly healthy as I can :).

4 comments:

Scavenger said...

Kirsty, you look superb, and you have inspired me to forego a lot of the junk food and conveneience food, which is not really convenient or cheap.
You are doing the right thing.

Psiplex said...

Kirsty,

Glad you are offering your knowledge on raw foods! Perhaps you can advise me on the best practices for my survival/recovery from head and neck cancer. At this point, I am undergoing radiation and chemotherapy (surgery is over for the most part) treatments to eradicate the cancer cells. I want to get back to a healthy regimen, but at this point, I have to rely on stomach tube feeding for nutrition. While all this sounds severe, I am doing just fine. Just wanted your experience and input on where to start once I can eat real food again.

Cheers
Psiplex- The blog about staying creative in complexity
http://www.psiplex.com

RAVEFOOD said...

Hello Scavenger and Psiplex! Psiplex, firstly may I send you so much love your way and see that you have been on a huge journey. I have to 'stress' that I am not a qualified Doctor, but if I may pass you a link to a 'family' who suffered terrible health problems and turned their lives around with the help of 'live' green smoothies firstly www.rawfamily.com I would definately 'advise' if you can investing in a 'blender', there are different ones on the market, but if you blend your food first this will help your digestion to break it down.. I will mention your comment to Shazzie who is extremely knowledgable and has dedicated her life to writing books on the health benefits of Raw foods. She is on youtube also www.youtube.com/valerie1969 have a look at some of her youtube videos ;) Once again sending lots of love your way, empathy and support. I will ask the experts for more tips to help you :) On a final note, years ago a friend of our family went to a Cancer care centre in Bristol which focused on natural help for cancer patients.. I remember that she took 'wheatgrass' juice, and mostly juices, or blended nutrients.

Psiplex said...

Thanks Kirsty - a wonderful place to start exploring!
Appreciate the links and support - keep doing what you are doing!

One Love