Saturday 19 April 2008

A night out with J-tek.

Last night I went out to the Launch party of  J-Tek in Shoreditch.. The day before I got in the kitchen and made some 'love heart' raw choccies.  I used Shazzie's cacau butter, coconut oil, raw cacau powder, lacuma, hemp seeds, goji berries, vanilla essence, macca powder, and some natural sweetner 'agave nectar' which is 'so much sweeter and delicious.  I mixed it all up without 'boiling the oils first'.  The Cacau butter tends to be quite hard, so u have to carefully break a bit up with a blunt knife.. I melt the butter very slowly so that it doesn't boil and lose it's precious properties. Then just add the powder, cacau nibs, bee pollen, goji, lacuma, hemp, macca etc.. U can throw anything u like in with it i.e hazlenuts, are a nice change etc..  Shazzie and David Wolfe have just bought out an 'AMAZING book all about the properties in chocolate.. I had no idea that it is also a perfect 'natural anti-depressant' aid.  I have once been on prozac for a mild case of post natal depression, and have to say that the raw food diet with added cacau, has been way more effective than being on those pills, which made me feel incredibly 'acidic' and caused me digestive problems.  I told my G.P about it, and she was really interested actually.. More love in the world, and good food, is way better than handing over millions of pounds to the Anti-depressant industry - sigh and I feel blessed to have an open minded GP.  So last night, I took the chocolates to the club and handed some out.. They went down a treat :) especially when my dear friend Katheryn at one point looked at me and said 'kirsty i'm starving'.. I found a spare chocolate by the DJ booth and gave it to her... she soon got back on that dance floor :)  I have to admit though that I did drink some beer last night, and have realised that it was not half as nice a feeling as the chocolate and music combined.  I learned a new lesson there.  All in good time ;)  All links to Shazzie and David wolfe are on left of the blog just click and educate :)

2 comments:

Scavenger said...

Kudos to you Kirsty :))
I love chocolate and would like to try raw chocolate someday.
My favourite raw foods are, sunflower seeds, fresh carrot,celery or apple juice, all kinds of berries,raw almonds,wheat germ that is lightly toasted,sesame butter(tahini).
As for the beer, dont worry. I think a lot of health problems people have is by not drinking enough fluids and water. After all, we are mostly water.

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I'm Donnie Bond with Empowered Foods, we make Raw Organic Chocolate, and think you would love it! If your interested in trying it, we are having a sale on our Empowered Bar, Cheers!

The site is www.empoweredfoods.com