Monday 12 May 2008

The Square Foot Garden (absolutely amazing)

Yesterday I was around at Mums house and we sat down and watched a DVD on the 'square foot garden'. It got me very excited because it's extremely simple to arrange and take care of, has a huge success rate in production of fruit, vegetables and flowers, and has a very easy to understand crop rotation ethic. I can't wait to get started. Mum is going to come and help me in two weeks when I get back from the States to organise it. I want to become self sufficient. I am sick of throwing away so much plastic each week and seeing so much waste. The more I become Raw, the more conscious I become as to my part in this Global mess nightmare.. It hurts my soul when I participate, unconsciously but I feel it in my vibration. Call me nuts fine.. But once one of my relates was a cavewoman and it wasn't an issue. This 'new' method of gardening takes all the pain out of gardening and confusion also. Less wastage of 'seeds' water, and pollution to and from the 'stupermarket' (i quote shazzie). WE have to go back to the roots of what is real. Take charge, and get off the comp and into the garden.

SQUAREFOOTGARDEN
The Official Site of Square Foot Gardening and Mel Bartholomew, Originator and Author

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally with you on square foot gardening. It really is amazing.

Once you build the first box and lay out the grid, you get it. It's so simple. Build a 4'x4' box and you have 16 squares to plant. The guidelines are easy to follow for, say, carrots vs. eggplant.

SFG really does remove the typically springtime drudgery of getting the garden ready to plant.
-Chris

Scavenger said...

That makes sense to me. You end up with guite a variety of food, instead of a few hundred carrots that you cant give away.